Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

16 January 2009

People: Shirley portrait closeup



Photo by Denny Lyon

My friend Shirley who worked at one of GM's first African-American dealerships (Atlanta, Georgia). She was full of life and the camera could barely keep up with her.

She heard I was taking portraits and the minute I came in to visit with the office staff she decided to pose. Her laughter was contagious. She jumped up onto a stack of office supplies and started posing wildly. Of course, she was photogenic.

I didn't have a flash and the lighting was terrible, that florescent garbage lighting typical in old offices. But Shirley's bright spirit shone through it all where I still acquired a great portrait.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain