From Denny: Check out the cutest and funniest pet photos for Valentine's Day.
Then it's on to artistic creative photographers trying to figure out how to capture the theme of the day. It's tough to come up with something new and different for such an overdone theme as hearts. I especially like the ones of men walking across great distances in the cold weather clutching flowers for their ladies.
There are crafters and artists with creative turns on the theme, with links to their blogs. Not to be missed are the cupcake, cake and coffee food photos. One is a plate of rose petals with a fork.
Be sure to click on the photos to go to the photographers' flickr pages and blogs where they discuss their art process or the situation for the photo.
I sure had fun going through 2700 photos to do this post because so many made me laugh and others were food for inspiration. Happy Valentine's Day!
I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. - Anonymous
From the photographer: The Perfect Man for Valentines Day
Unconditional love that fits in the palm of my hand... the perfect man for me this Valentine's Day! Although I'd still rather kiss a human... LOL Prince Vegemite likes his kisses :)
Check out this artist over at flickr: Mimi McHale
Check out this artist's blog - Cassie Stephens - from Tennessee to see how she cleverly riffed off a vintage Valentine's Day card:
Crochet your own heart with this tutorial.
Happy Valentine's Day! Whether you are flying solo or as a two-some, remember one thing: You are loved! There are many secret admirers out there. Your job is to notice them...
- Romancing The Chocolate: Chefs Recipe 4 Valentines Day: Warm Chocolate Cheesecake (dennysfoodandrecipes.blogspot.com)
- Romancing The Chocolate: Celebrate Valentines Day With Fiery Chocolate Fondue (thehealingwaters.blogspot.com)
- Romancing The Chocolate: Valentines Day Cookies: Reverse Chocolate Chip (beautifulillustratedquotations.blogspot.com)
- Unusual 2 Tasty: Valentines Day: Warm Upside-Down Pear Cake With Tangerine Custard Sauce (beautifulillustratedquotations.blogspot.com)
Subscribe in a reader to Visual Insights
* Check out Dennys News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food - a place where all my other 20 blogs link so you can choose from among the latest posts all in one place. A free to read online newspaper from independent journalist blogger Denny Lyon. *